Thursday, November 26, 2009

I'm Thankful

I stole this from the Southern Domestic Goddess . As my readers know I'm not keen on Thanksgiving. After my Dad passed away I dont feel like we have much to celebrate anymore. Even as I write this I'm crying. It seems like every Thanksgiving my Mom, brother, and I try our best to enjoy this holiday. Last night I stayed at my moms and we cooked and prepared the table and gave each other pedis. My brother announced yesterday that he would swing by for lunch around 2 and then he and his wife and kids would head out to California. My mom's boyfriend and his daughter came.

It was a little awkward having my mom's boyfriend be part of our traditions but it was nice to see her happy. His daughter is super nice and we have a good conversation about her going off to college and joining a sorority. My brother swooped in and they were gone in an hour. Again, not a terrific Thanksgiving but I want to find things to be thankful for today.

I'm thankful for my wonderful friends who support me in all my crazy ideas and are always up for a good time!

I'm thankful for my Mom who is my best friend even though she keeps trying to set me up with random people.

I'm thankful for my Dad's sisters and their families for keeping us all close throughout the years.

I'm thankful for my brother for giving me my niece and nephew who I love endlessly.

I'm thankful for my wonderful dog Jackson who sits by my side even when I'm mad at him.

I'm thankful for my roommate who has been my best friend since we were 2 and understands me better than anyone.

I'm thankful for alcohol to make the holidays a little more lively (i'm not a alcoholic I swear).

I hope all of you had a wonderful thanksgiving. I'm about to eat some leftovers and watch Miracle on 34th Street. The Wallace's DO love Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Visit Coastal Belle's profile on Pinterest.