Monday, December 20, 2010

A Love Affair

Well hello a month a few weeks later.... Life has been so crazy here with my social agenda in full swing. There have been lots of parties, old friends visiting, and of course drinking. I had my annual Christmas party this past Saturday and had a great turn out. We parties hard and then went to Pinkie Masters for a dance party!

I have a new love in my life. Well its not really all that new, I've had netflix for a while now but I recently decided to start watching classic movies. Meet me in St Louis is one of my favorite movies of all time. I discovered netflix has a list of the AFI top 100 movies and I've decided to watch some. There is something desperately romantic about the innocence of classic courtships. I feel modern relationships lack the romance of the olden days because technology makes it too easy to just text someone instead of calling until they are home to answer.

I could easily go into details about how classic romance movies are so much better than the provocative sex scenes of todays films. Here are my top 5 favorite classics and modern movies. The modern films I chose reflect the way relationships actual go in todays world. I love to talk to my mom about how she met my dad and how he proposed. My grandfathers stories are even more romantic. In both instances, they met instantly fell in love and had short courtships which of course sound innocent (i'm sure they were). Then they were married and lived happily ever after. Things are too complicated in this millennium.

Classics
1. An Affair to Remember
2. His Girl Friday
3. Roman Holiday
4. To Have and have not
5. Doctor Zhivago

Modern
1. When Harry Met Sally
2. 500 days of summer
3. Sex and the City
4. No Reservations
5. 27 dresses

okay really just When Harry Met Sally. I had to complete the list though. I hope I'm not the only one who can appreciate these classics. Anybody else?





 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I appreciate those classics and I adore When Harry Met Sally too,Meg Ryan could do no wrong in my eyes back then!

Visit Coastal Belle's profile on Pinterest.